Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Unimportant Random Stuff

Okay so I finally got the girls names on their wall and I’m so psyched about it. I still have a touch of decorating to do but I’m pretty much done with painting….I think. I do have a large canvas idea but I’m trying to pretend that I’m not going to pursue it. I also finished my “stick person” book for our trip that I pray Hope will like and will bring her some comfort. I uploaded it to Blurb.com, my favorite photo book site and hopefully it will arrive next week. It’s a 7X7 paperback of like 40 pages! I can’t wait!!!! And lastly I printed out 48 pictures of “us” for 2 separate photo books that I also painted with ladybugs. I have pictures of Eric, Noah, Eden, Hope, Grandma, Grandpa and myself. It is heavy on the Eden, Gma, and Gpa. Maybe when Hope actually gets to meet them they will seem somewhat familiar. Since my parents will be staying with us a bit in the beginning to help us out with Eden and Noah, I want Hope to be familiar with them as much as possible with them half way around the world. I’ve done silly stuff like bought everyone going to China “new” underwear so we can bring our tattered old undies over and just throw them away as we go. Sad that it takes a trip around the world for me to replace everyone’s pathetic underwear! I feel that I might be touching a little to close to TMI on that one…sorry readers. So I have a small pharmacy in my basement with all the meds and toiletries you can think of, plus there is the newly begun  mini-grocery store area that I’ve just delineated. I also have a toy/plane activity section as well as a clothing section. How it is ever going to fit into our luggage is a mystery to me, but clearly it can be done as so many of my friends have and are doing it! All I do now is daydream of our trip and of getting our little girl who waits for us unknowingly in China…and of leaving my other little girl behind here in Alabama…so it’s sort of conflicted daydreaming I suppose; but mostly it is good stuff.  Speaking of stuff here are the girls names and canvas paintings I did. The flash off the semi-gloss wall sorta washes out the letters, but you get the idea.

IMG_9972

IMG_9973

IMG_9963

IMG_9974

5 comments: