Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Coffee Group is Amazing

Okay so in my adoption coffee group I have learned many important, wonderful things and met even more important and wonderful people. I am so thankful to God for this group. I had found out through this group that the Bham Internat’l Adopt Clinic (IAC) and Lifeline (my adoption agency) were headed to China. I found out that one of the women in our group is married to one of the doctors for the IAC and was going on this trip. I was urged to contact them with Hope’s information on the off chance they may end up anywhere near Hope’s orphanage…what would be the odds though, really? When I contacted Leland she told me to contact. Dr. Chambers at the IAC as well, so I did. A few weeks later my agency posted that they were partnering with 3 new orphanages in China, one of which was in Chongqing. But I could never get an answer from them as to if it was Hope’s orphanage…again, what are the odds? And even if they went to the orphanage, what are the odds that they actually would get to see her? Here is an email I got from Leland this morning…

hey angie - robert gets back tonight and i have been able to talk with him some.  he said to tell you the place where your daughter is is a very, very nice orphanage and the children seemed to be very well cared for.  they did get to spend a few days there.  i did ask him if he was able to see your daughter and he said that he was seeing the older children, but that jennifer chambers knew all about her and was on the look out for her.  i'm not sure if she was able to see her or not - if you know her well enough to email her and ask her i would.  i will let you know if i find out anymore once he gets home.

leland

WHAT ARE THE ODDS!! Pretty freakin’ high I’d say!!! And praise be to God for Leland and Robert. If I know nothing else I know that Hope is safe and well cared for. Now I’m not saying that Dr. Chamber’s found her or anything, but come one people!!! If God could orchestrate for my adoption agency and my city’s IAC to travel to China to visit only 3 orphanages and they “happened”  to spend 3 days in my daughters orphanage…surely Jennifer found her! Right?! I mean, I don’t want to get my hopes up but I am tired of under-estimating my God too! Since the team gets back today, I am going to hold off on contacting Jennifer until next week and let her recover some, but it will be a sheer exercise of my will to wait that long!!! God give me the strength to NOT stalk her!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to find out something soon and I hope you hear about your TA soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Angie,
    I am Jeff Kircik with Packages of Hope. Did you get my email? I do have a photo of your daughter in the QianJiang orphanage. I tried to email you a while ago, but I never heard a response.

    ReplyDelete