Monday, May 14, 2012

Joy Comes in the Morning

Praise God that Hope slept from 6 pm to 7 am! She only woke once and I patted her through the bars of her crib and she fell back asleep. She is much better today but still tentative. She appears often on the verge of a breakdown and sometimes does. But she is interactive today and has begun taking things with her hands. She only wants to lie on me or the bed. She doesn’t want to sit up or get on the floor. She took one bottle yesterday afternoon and a bottle this morning after we changed her diaper…which was a huge milestone. She of course cried but since we followed it with a bottle it went more smoothly. She let me take of her jacket but is still in her orphanage shirt. She also let me put on a pair of pants with hot pink ruffles on the ankles and she seems to like them.  We started the morning looking at two photo books I made her with pictures of mostly Eden, my parents, Noah, Eric, myself and her. We looked at them twice (24 pictures in each) and then my parents Skyped us. It was amazing timing. We held the photos of everyone up against the screen and she would look back and forth from live person to picture person trying to figure it out. Eden was beside herself to see Hope with us and brought all her favorite things to the screen. She would say, “It’s me Eden. Hi, baby Hope.” I. MISS. HER!!! It was a pretty cool interaction.

We gave Hope a multi-colored bracelet she just learned to put on and take off and she claps for herself when she does it. Eric is spending some good time with her now and just recently they had a 15 minute mimic session with a point to your body parts session. She. Is. Smart. She likes Noah enough that he can get near her and touch her without her withdrawing her arms and legs. She seems to be playing contentedly with Eric and Noah. It is a good thing. We have to go back to the same building we got her from yesterday at 2:30 again today, that should be a great Vietnam flashback for her. We took turn eating breakfast in shifts today and may do that again tomorrow based on how today’s outing goes. We are all doing well considering. Noah has been phenomenal, I love that kid! Keep us and especially Hope in your prayers.

IMG_0695

Looking at the photo books.

IMG_0700

I got my bracelet!!

IMG_0697

Holding Buh-buh’s finger…when he went away I sat up and followed him and held out my hand for his finger back, which he rushed back and gave me.

IMG_0706

I like Buh-buh best.

IMG_0714

Enough said. Blessings dear ones!

4 comments:

  1. Chris & I were racing to see who saw your update first...he won.
    SO glad Hope slept good last night. I'm sure that will help with today's visit back to the office. Praying she does well with the return trip. Glad she's letting you hold her and that she loves Noah :) Sounds like you all are doing great. Well, as good as can be expected. Praying for a smooth today. Can't wait to hear all about it!
    (And how sweet is Eden!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making me cry! You always do that to me, Angie--one end of the spectrum or the other! Cracking me up or making tears stream down my cheek. These pictures are priceless. What a huge praise that Hope is calming down and beginning the process of settling into y'all's family! She's a Williamson!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were praying hard for great sleep! Would love to think that one of those prayers was at the exact same time when she woke up and you patted her back to sleep! Love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am crying again! What blessings God has given your family- to have some peaceful times with your new little girl. We are praying for God's peace to be with all of you. She is breathtaking.

    Sunni Speigle

    ReplyDelete