Friday, March 30, 2012

Stick People Book in Progress

Okay so I got this fabulous idea from another adoptive mom that I met at a McDonald’s randomly recently. She made a book for her adopted son when she went to go get him that detailed their entire trip to go get him and bring him home. It was stick people with the actual pictures of family members for the heads. She had shots of the interior of planes, airports, their home, the medical centers, hotels etc. And I loved this idea. She said she thought it really helped her son to know what was coming next and made him feel more at ease and comfortable in their travels. Granted her son was 4 and Hope is only less than 2…so I don’t know how much she will get out of it, but Eden LOVES it thus far. She loves pointing out all the family members and calling them by name. If nothing else, it has been very therapeutic for me to make, bwaha ha ha ha ha. No seriously I’m having a ball and my sweet friend Julie has been such a huge help feeding me pictures from her recent trip to China to help me out! So here are the current pages I have. I am in the process of making several “at home” pages ie. inside of the van in car seats, inside of her and Eden’s bedroom, inside of living room, kitchen, and playroom! If she likes it then it will help her to familiarize herself with our home long before she gets there. I will make an 8X8 copy to have around the hotel and a 2x2 copy to bring out and about with us. Enjoy!

 

jpegs

jpegs1

jpegs2

jpegs3

1 comment: