Monday, March 5, 2012

Just Some Reasons Why Lifeline Rocks…

Back to the travel meeting…so they mentioned that a good plane ride activity would be to come up with questions you want to ask the nannies on Gotcha day about your child. When I heard this my ears perked up and I raised  my hand to mention that I wasn’t aware this would be possible at my child’s specific orphanage. I have had two friends recently that never got that opportunity on Gotcha Day. The nannies bolted as soon as possible. The teacher of the class says… “If your guide lets the nannies get away before you can ask them questions they will have us to answer to! That is a huge part of their job on Gotcha Day.” It was a,  ‘they will either get the information or die trying,’ kind of response. I was so shocked at that response. Then they went on to talk about how they have trained guides in each province of China and they know the drill. So I am excited to be able to have this opportunity, well I hope I will at least. I had already had it in my mind that I would tackle a nanny down if I had to in order to get just 3 important questions answered, it is nice to know my guide will be actively working towards the same goal. Now having said that, I know better than to have any real expectations. So it will just be a bonus and a huge blessing if the questions dealio comes to pass!

The next reason I love this agency is that they have an incredible liaison, Lily, in China, who is very well respected and known. Because of this we believe she is the reason people from Lifeline are being able to visit the new Children’s Love Garden…Hope’s orphanage. It has been said around the boards that you can’t visit this orphanage, but apparently a couple from Lifeline is or has just visited this week I think. So it is planned in the schedule for the Gotcha week…we are supposed to get Hope on a Monday and then visit the orphanage on Thursday. I sure do hope this comes to fruition. It will cost us more money but I know it would be well worth it. They were talking about how it is a cementing moment to visit the orphanage and then walk out with Hope. For her, although it is painful, it is supposed to be very helpful and therapeutic for both the grieving and attachment process. Lifeline very much suggests that you visit the orphanage, they stop just short of making it mandatory.  I really hope we get to do this because by the time we get her she will have spent almost half her life in this second orphanage. I pray we get to meet nannies and take pictures and videos for Hope. But again…low expectations….smile.

Third reason, they rock… have to tell you the fact that our agency supports the preservation of our child’s history is so wonderful. They will even try to arrange visiting your child’s “finding spot”, if possible. Since I believe Hope was found in a city 7 hours away by car, I don’t’ see that happening for us. However, if somehow she was freakishly left in a suburb of Chongqing City also named Qianjiang (the city 7 hours away by car) then bonus! It would be like her being left in Hoover of Birmingham…but I don’t think that is her situation. At any rate, it is just cool that they go to such lengths for our children benefit. It gives me some confidence that we will be able to do well by Hope with regards to collecting as much information as we can about her past. But if all these wonderful intentions of our agency blow up in our face and nothing is gleaned or learned…all will still be well. I will be glad just to have my baby girl in my arms.

2 comments:

  1. I know Lifeline rocks, so jealous! Cannot wait to talk to you about your travel call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Jennifer. My friend Sandra sent me your direction. She is with Lifeline and leave next Wednesday for China. Our precious daughter was born with bilateral cl/cp. I would love to communicate with you.

    My blog is weareadoptingfromchina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete