Friday, December 9, 2011

Care Package Contents

Gold book cover first page copy

2nd third pages beaded bookmark copy

I wish I had some spectacular news to share today, some update on where Hope is or just any update at all on her, but I don't. So I will blog about the care package I am sending to her. As stated, I have the lovies, the blanket and the rattle which are all from Angel Dear and are cashmere soft. They are the pink and white zebra pattern. I found a "My First Family Album" from Gund that is soft sided and has 12-4X6 photo sleeves in it. Plus, it has a 2X2 window on the front that I put Hope's picture in. I have printed out, labeled and laminated 12 pictures of the family and one 2X2 of Hope. I asked my good friend Brandi to translate family our titles: Mommy, Daddy, Sister, Brother, Grandma & Grandpa, into Mandarin. God bless this woman who quickly returned the translation the next day! So all our pictures are labeled, in Photoshop of course. I also bought 2 disposable cameras that I hope they will use to take some pictures of Hope between the time they receive the package till when we pick her up. I'm just trying to get any history captured that I can. I also have a heritage book I had made that has 88 questions in English and Mandarin that inquire about the early days with Hope. I had wanted to get it to someone who maybe had known her since she was born or at least for a good deal of time. But since she has made an orphanage change I don't know that we will find anyone that would know a great deal of her history. So I am sending a letter with the package, that my beautiful friends Brandi and Frank are again willing to translate for me, that just speaks to my intent with the book and the unexpected move. I just pray that someone who knows her well will somehow be able to help us with the book. Brandi and Frank did a such a sweet thing for this care package, not only did they translate the letter but they re-wrote it so it would be culturally appropriate and not offensive. I love this couple. So I mailed it today...$40.00 and some change and it should be in China in 6-10 days...ish. Lily usually emails Lifeline as she receives packages so hopefully we will hear from her in a few weeks saying that she received the package. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment