Sunday, August 7, 2011

Biometric Fingerprinting Invitation

Okay so this isn't the actual invitation, I didn't feel like scanning it but it looks very similar. The reason I am posting this picture of the letter is because I've never gotten anything from Homeland Security, I'm sure posting this will get me thrown in jail or something, but I thought it was pretty cool. This was our letter from HLS saying they got our application and have already cashed our check...they did that part in record time. The invitations to go get our Biometric fingerprints came a week or so later. We go on August 12th to get those done. I was unsure as to what that really was and why the fingerprinting we did with the State wasn't good enough. My mind wandered to the possibilities of drawing blood, taking a hair sample, any version of obtaining DNA, peeing in cups, and several disturbing probe scenarios...but it is only a high tech fingerprint session. I googled it and the most helpful site was one that helped Boy Scouts obtain their fingerprinting merit badge! Ha! How funny is that?! So that is the next step in the process. Not terribly exciting but forward progress in my opinion! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Record time? I knew it!! I had been praying for a quick turn around on this.

    Also the boy scout thing is too funny

    ReplyDelete