Wednesday, February 22, 2012

We got LOA!!!

 

LOA Signed

Decision of Adopter LOA

We got our LOA today! Letter of Acceptance. This is big deal in the adoption process! It signifies that Hope is really ours in China’s eyes for real and now we file paperwork with U.S. for immigration papers. We apply for our VISA's to travel and the ball gets rolling again on more paperwork. It is said that at this point we could travel in 2-3 months, however, the later is likely and throw on a couple extra weeks for good measure and I'd say we are likely to travel in early to mid-June of this year. This was a long wait and I’m glad this part is over. There are more things to “do” while waiting for the U.S. to do all its paperwork magic. I have got the Visa applications all filled out and am going to send those off this week. I went to a “Travel to China” seminar at our agency, Lifeline Children’s Services, and found out that  I need to contact the travel agency soon! That was a shocker but the travel seminar will be a separate post. In the pictures above the last one that says, “Decision of Adopter,” is on the form (as is the seal) but there are two reasons I put it on the blog as if it were a separate picture, 1. Is that they give you an option to decline!! As if!!!! and 2.  I was very, very careful to check the correct box and then post it here to remind myself that I indeed did check the right box!!! No staying up late at night worrying…Did I check the right box!!! Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment